This is how I envisioned the async stuff working.

-Async event thread is used only for input/output of httpd to/from network*
-After we read the headers, we pass the request/connection to the worker
threads.  Each request is "sticky" to a thread.  Request stuff may block,
etc, so this thread pool size is configurable and in mod_status, etc.
-any "writes" out of the request to the clientare passed into the async
thread.  This may be wrapped in filters, whatever.

*We may allow there to be multiple ones of these, ie one for proxies, or
have a very well defined way to add watches to this.

This is a very simplistic view.  I was basically thinking that all conn_rec
"stuff" is handled in the async event thread, all the request_rec "stuff" is
handled in the worker threads.

--
Brian Akins