Am 10.08.2009 17:16, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
Hi,
Rainer Jung schrieb:
I noticed there was still a 2.2.12 in a section heading of the httpd
landing page. I updated in svn:

Could someone with karma on people.apache.org please update
    /x1/www/httpd.apache.org
from svn?

Unfortunately Bill has group ownership for the erroneous file (and two
other files), so I will post to infra about changing to the httpd group.
since these sorts of oversights happened already often in the past I
thought I suggest that we use a nice feature of our Apache server = SSI
for this page. I've tested that this works fine:
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/testhttpd/main_index.html
and here's the source view:
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/testhttpd/main_index.txt

so for future releases its only necessary to change the version number
in one place:
<!--#set var="HTTPD_VERSION_13" value="1.3.41"-->
<!--#set var="HTTPD_VERSION_20" value="2.0.63"-->
<!--#set var="HTTPD_VERSION_22" value="2.2.13"-->

thoughts?

+1

It would also apply to the download page, and the vars could even be put in a small separate file included with #include, so being shared by index and download.

Some files in the dev/ sub directory already use SSI, so it is active on httpd.a.o.

Regards,

Rainer