Jeff Trawick wrote:

Interestingly, I found this post from Chris some time ago that covers the issue:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mod-fcgid-us...@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00085.html

His patch:

http://people.apache.org/~chrisd/patches/mod_fcgid_auth/mod_fcgid-1auth-trunk.patch

  Yes -- we use this to handle authn/z using FastCGI and it works reasonably
OK for us.  That said, two problems (both my fault):

- the patch contains a number of cumulative fixes, all lumped together
 (I know, I know ... I'll never do that again!)

- I've seen one report of a problem but not done any investigation:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mod-fcgid-us...@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00306.html

Chris, I don't think you've referenced the patch here, and for the new
ASL-licensed code base.  Can you do so?

  Well, it's certainly something I want to divide up into proper
one-at-a-time patches and apply against mod_fcgid.  I wanted to do
so right away but life has just not permitted me the spare time.

  If anyone can tackle dividing it up and getting some or all of
the changes committed, please, please do so -- it would be most welcome!
(I certainly grant the patches to the ASF.)

  Otherwise, I should have time opening up again in October and will
look at it as a first priority then.

  FWIW, I did pull down mod_fcgid and it compiles OK against 2.2.13 using
an older gcc 3.4.3 on an RHEL 4 box.  Very nice work on the configuration
improvements!

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B