On 21.09.2009 09:11, Paul Querna wrote:
> While, this is obviously a terrible thing for a general purpose
> module, I would like to propose that we add a 'FCGIIgnoreVirtualHost'
> configuration option, which would set the vhost field to a constant
> value, so FCGI processes would be shared between virtual hosts.

+1, I assume you meant this directive to be used per virtual host, not
as a global setting?

Or maybe even a 'FCGIGroup xyz' that lets you choose the string used
instead of the virtual host name (if set). So you can combine according
to your needs? On the positive side that would be more flexible, on the
negative side you would always need to add an argument to the directive
(or find a better directive name, that makes it more obvious, that with
a missing argument it defines a default group).

Regards,

Rainer