On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:03 AM, Danny Sadinoff <da...@sadinoff.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Danny Sadinoff <da...@sadinoff.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Where does this occur?  Entries in the process table are distinguished
>> > by virtual host.  (I think the implementation of this check is broken,
>> > in that it requires that ServerName is set in the virtual hosts.  Are
>> > you using a simple test config that doesn't have ServerName set?)
>>
>> My case is not yet simple.  I'll get back to you.
>
> It turns out that the problem was that I was using mod_fcgid-2.2   Upgrading
> to mod_fcigd-2.3.4 fixed the problem. I apologize for the noise.

great/np

> Should this item (vhost independence) be added to the upgrade notes section?

Unfortunately, I'm still in the dark about vhost independence and how
exactly the share_grp_id construct in the source code can change the
process association without more code written to tie it to the
configuration.  ISTR that Rainer made the same observation --
share_grp_id isn't completely implemented.  (Maybe it once worked and
some code was lost?)

> Are new features in mod_fcgid going to be manifest in the documentation in
> general?

definitely