On 06.01.2010 12:18, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
I don't think there's much interest in merging any of the patches that
are currently in the STATUS, so I'm intending to a roll a 1.3.x
release Friday for testing/voting. With a release next week.

Unfortunately testing 1.3.x is more painful than it used to be, and so
far I haven't managed to get 1.3.x to pass a clean suite of tests on
*any* platform - but I can at least make sure that there are no
regressions. With some massaging I can get to 96% coverage on Linux
and FreeBSD, and 92% coverage on Solaris.

Another interesting problem is that 1.3.x's configure/apaci doesn't
actually work with dash - so the tarball refuses to build out of the
box on Ubuntu and Debian. Nice.

I did a quick diff between r610830 (tag 1.3.41) and today in the 1.3.x branch:

- src/support/logresolve.c:
  http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=702162
  protect from mismanaged DNS which return blank/null hostnames.
- conf/mime.types: several updates by Roy
- Update copyright year
- Update of version number
- Adding a copyright notice
- Update of STATUS
- Update of CHANGES with the EOL note and addition
  of a BZ number to an older entry
- Update of README with the EOL note
- Update of committer list in ABOUT_APACHE

So there's only one source update and the update of the mime.types. Is that worth a release?

Regards,

Rainer