Hi Colm,

On 08.01.2010 21:53, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Rainer Jung<rainer.j...@kippdata.de>  wrote:
File htdocs/manual/misc/FAQ.html was previously 150KB and now is only 5KB. I
didn't yet load it from the web server itself, but it seems some generation
step was missing. The file installed by "make install" has the same problem.

links -src now returns the gzipped body, as we have mod_deflate
enabled these days.

I've fixed up the other nits and rerolled, tarballs with new
checksums/signatures in the same place now. I'll fix up the Announce
language too, waiting for PRC input on that too.

md5, sha1, sigs good, tar.Z and tar.gz same contents.
FAQ fine, expand.pl gone, Configuration present, no other changes to previous 1.3.42 tarball.

There's one other manual related thing I wasn't thinking enough about before writing my last mail: the 1.3.42 manual contains SSI "#include virtual" statements, the 1.3.41 version not. I (wildly) guess the script expand.pl is usually used during releasing to "fix" the manual, so that the pages caqn also be read without running them though the web server. At least the contents of expand.pl look like it recursively goes through a directory and resolves all "#include virtual" in the files.

Regards,

Rainer