Chris Darroch wrote:

Jeff Trawick wrote:

Chris Darroch has a patch for that, which is a small part of

http://people.apache.org/~chrisd/patches/mod_fcgid_auth/mod_fcgid-1auth-trunk.patch

[snip]

   Yes -- and I'm really, really going to prioritize breaking this
patchset up (I know I'm a moron for having run everything together)
next week and trying to commit portions one at a time to mod_fcgid trunk.

  It's a new year and I've got a window of time I'm aiming to devote
to breaking up this patchset.  (Lord, what a fool this mortal is.)
I've begun doing that work, and I've got some initial bits I'd like to
commit soon.

  However, I want to check on our versioning rules for a module like
mod_fcgid.  Are we following APR's guidelines, or something else?
Specifically, what counts as a public function or structure, if anything?
Things defined in mod_fcgid.h?  Things starting with fcgid_?  Nothing?

  Two concrete examples.  First, just for cleanliness, I'd like to
rename auth_conf to fcgid_auth_conf in order to match fcgid_wrapper_conf
and other things in fcgid_conf.h.  Second, I need to add an argument
to handle_request()'s signature.  May I do both of these in 2.3.6?

  If I read the STATUS-FCGID file correctly, all 2.3.x releases are
alpha/beta ... does that mean I can change anything at all up until we
cut a 2.4.x?

  Thanks,

Chris.

--