>Do you need the first entry to determine which request may have caused httpd
>crash or is there a different reason?

Mod_log_forensics writes the log record as soon as it is received.
Mod_log_config writes the log record after the response is available. I don´t
want to miss information about any request. Its  important to identify
all incoming requests, no matter if they fail or succeed.

I would like to trace them having a small log record from the incoming
requests. Useful to determine which request may have caused httpd to crash, as
you  mentioned, and to have 100% guarantee that all incoming requests were
logged before Apache started processing it.

Does mod_log_config always writes a log record for all incoming requests, no
matter where or when they failed in the processing chain? If this is the case,
mod_log_config provides the %D format to determine when the incoming request
was
received and it seems the current mod_log_config record would provide the
information I need.

Thanks,
Sergio.