Hi all,

For a while we've been relying on our load balancers to terminate SSL for us, and place details of client certs into HTTP headers before passing a connection backwards (through a further SSL protected connection).

We're in a situation where we want to use httpd instead of a load balancer for this, and I've noticed that we can't place cert parameters into headers like the load balancer can, but are rather limited to placing the information into the CGI environment only.

Being extensible, ideally we should have a hook which is called that takes the SSL parameters, and then offer default implementations that insert the information into the CGI environment, and insert the information into the request headers, or any other possible implementation as the admin requires it in some external module.

Most specifically, if SSLOptions +StdEnvVars is specified, the hook gets called with the data, and an implementation writes them to the subprocess environment, or headers_in, as appropriate (and as configured).

Regards,
Graham