On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 17:46 +0200, Sorin Manolache wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a content generator that sets a cookie on a domain. I know the
> cookie name and the domain name, they never change. However the cookie
> value and expiration time vary. I would like to add the cookie with
> same name and value, and optionally the same expiration time to a
> second domain. Is there a way to do it just by configuring apache and
> its standard modules? I do not want to _edit_ the Set-Cookie header. I
> want to _add_ a second Set-Cookie header that is identical to the
> first with the exception of the domain.
>
> Here's an example:
>
> The content generator gives the response
>
> Set-Cookie: cookie_name=cookie_value; domain=host.domain.net;
> expires=Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:00:00 GMT
>
> I want the response
>
> Set-Cookie: cookie_name=cookie_value; domain=host.domain.net;
> expires=Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:00:00 GMT
> Set-Cookie: cookie_name=cookie_value; domain=.domain.net; expires=Mon,
> 20 Jun 2011 10:00:00 GMT
>
> Can I get this response just by changing the configuration of apache?
>
> "Header edit cookie_name(.*)domain=[^;]+(.*)
> cookie_name$1domain=.domain.net$2" does not help as it only moves the
> cookie from one domain to the other and I want it copied, not moved.

That is really how it should be.  A second header of the same name isn't
really allowed in the specification.  I realize that some CGI tools
successfully add it in, and browsers do try to handle multiples, but it
isn't supposed to happen.

Two viable options :

Print one header with a 302 in order to force the browser to make a
second request that we can get the other cookie into.

Respond with javascript that sets the cookie for the second domain.

Joe
--
Director - Systems Administration
http://www.silverhawk.net/