On 9/29/2011 7:30 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> This is well past the point where one needs to know the Listen
> configuration, exact problem symptom, etc. ;)  Either way it seems
> that there were some oddities around the presence/absence of
> IPV6_V6ONLY.  In its absence APR should have been returning
> APR_ENOTIMPL instead of not-set for a query, then httpd would have
> grown different logic.

Agreed, my original assessment was wrong.  httpd 2.2 was in a working
state with IPv6 on Win2k3/XP but its clearly broken on Win2k8/7 right
now.  Again, I'm digging through this, but agree with the original
assessment that some legacy 9x code needs to be un-removed to get the
AcceptFilter 'none' working... and something relative to the new code
causes IPv6 to still misbehave on W2k8/7.  I'll quit speculating till
this is working on both W2K3 and W2K8 for 2.2 (which should be very
close to correct already) and then apply that to trunk along with the
extra effort to restore the broken accept() code path.