On 10/05/2012 04:25 PM, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
> On 10/4/2012 4:04 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
>> Oh dear, I have to go against the bandwagon.
>>
>> I like pb2 best, by a clear margin.  The contrast to pb3 is that
>> it separates the slogan visually from the name, which I find
>> more comfortable.  Pb3 jars when the text "powered by ..."
>> turns out not to trip off the tongue, and the merged/lowercase
>> "httpd" looks like trying to hide the name.
>
> And, just for grins, I'm against even that bandwagon :-)
> While I totally get the idea that this is an ASF product, shouldn't
> "httpd" be the part emphasized? Thinking along the lines of, "I drive a
> Toyota <strong>Camry</strong>" rather the other way around of saying "I
> drive a <strong>Toyota</strong> Camry"...
>
> Therefore I like:
> http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apache_pb.png (as it emphasizes httpd)
> http://people.apache.org/~gsmith/httpd/apache_pb2copy.png (as it has
> Apache but still gives emphasis to httpd)
>
> Care to share sources? Maybe I can monkey around a bit with the logo to
> see if I even like my the idea I mention above...

I'm really fine with whatever you guys eventually decide on, I'm just
happy we are actually doing an update of the icons now :D

The source is the SVG file already committed to trunk ;)
Just open it up in Inkscape or similar and edit it.

It's using paths instead of actual font strings, but originally I (and
gregg) have used Droid Sans for the "Powered by" text ans Syncopate Bold
for the APACHE text. Both are ASL and easy to find on Google's font page.

With regards,
Daniel.