Hi Daniel.

Thank you for your comment.

> I have tried to compile and install mod_mruby on my own machine to test
> it, but there are too many compiler errors for it to work :( In
> particular, you have a lot of declarations after statements in your
> code, which is not C90 compliant, and needs fixing. There are also some

Did you built mruby? If you don't build murky,  you try to build by bellow
commands.

- mruby and mod_mruby build
git clone git://github.com/matsumoto-r/mod_mruby.git
cd mod_mruby
git submodule init
git submodule update
cd murby
rake
cd ..
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2222/bin/apxs
--with-apachectl=/usr/local/apache2222/bin/apachectl
make
make install

- mod_mruby settings
cp -p test/test.mrb /usr/local/apache2222/htdocs/.
vi /usr/local/apache2222/conf/httpd.con
(snip)
LoadModule mruby_module       modules/mod_mruby.so
AddHandler mruby-script .mrb
(snip)
/usr/local/apache2222/bin/apachectl start

- mod_mruby test
http://youraddress/test.mrb

> errors that force the source code to use 2.2 standards when compiling it
> for 2.4 or 2.5 - this also needs to be addressed:
>
> ap_mrb_connection.c:31 says: #ifdef __APACHE24__
> This should probably change to: #if (AP_SERVER_MINORVERSION_NUMBER > 2)

it's smart!  Thanks. Now, configure script figure out apache version from
apachectl.

> I am very interested in how you got to the benchmark results you did.
> Statistically speaking, Ruby is a very slow language compared to Lua
> (and in particular LuaJIT which is extremely fast - if you attend my
> talk at ACNA, I'll show you just how fast ;) ). Which optimizations did
> you make to the configuration? Which scopes and code caching options did
> you use for your testing? Did you test mod_lua fom the 2.4 branch or the
> trunk?

I want to attend your talk about mod_lua and lua JIT. I'm getting really
excited.

> I'd also be interested in an English version of your slides, as there
> may be things to learn from it :)
>
> We embrace competition here at Apache, so mod_mruby is a most welcome
> addition, however I'd really like to get my hands on a working copy, so
> I can test it out and see what it can really do. One advantage that I
> could see from the source code is the ability to hook into the logging
> part of httpd, which is something mod_lua currently lacks. I did not see
> any filter hooks though - is this something you plan to add, or did I

OK. I'll write a paper about mod_mruby in English, and present my work in an
international symposium in a few month.

Regards,
Ryosuke.
----