On 18.02.2013 21:36, Eric Covener wrote:
>> Ok, so 2.2.23 had not suffered this regression yet?  If not, we should
>> just move ahead and then can consider any improved behavior in 2.2.x.
>> There are no changes to mod_rewrite in 2.2.x since 2.2.23 was tagged.
>
> 2.2.23 has _a_ rewritebase regression reported a number of places. My
> recent fire drill was a regression in the fix for that original
> regression.
>
> I'd like it in, but appreciate tough spot as RM -- your call.

Same here.

The regression in 2.2.23 is that RewriteBase started to get merged in
2.2.23. It wasn't before. This seems to have broken certain setups. PR
53963.

Eric has provided a "RewriteOptions MergeBase" which is off by default
(no more merging) and allows to switch the bahvior on if wanted. The
first impl of that had a bug, which is why we had a last minute change
to it today.

Regards,

Rainer