On 10.06.2013 15:37, Eric Covener wrote:
> Is there some historical or other reason that the location has higher
> precedence that directory/files?  I think the other way is much more
> intuitive

Don't know about th real motivation, but after having learned that from
the explicit description in the docs I got very used to it. Changing it
would have major implications for existing configs.

One nice thing i saw yesterday is an explicit recipe in our docs to put
additional control on .htaccess stuff you don't want to happen by
enforcing your policy ("fixing" problematic .htaccess) with a <Location>
that merges later.

Regards,

Rainer