I've changed this but still not happy. This issue is that
it's still possible for this to fail since it assumes
that httpd and the test environ are setup "the same"
regarding locale and timezone, which might not be the case.

My idea is to grab what httpd returns, pull the TZ from
its response and *then* set the locale/TZ and pull the file
stat info. This seems more reliable to me.