> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 07:35:01 +0100
> That's part of the mod_ssl backport proposal currently in 2.4.x/STATUS.
> (A previous version had a vote from jorton, but I'm not sure if he's
> willing to refresh that... perhaps people feel uneasy with getting this
> into 2.4.8? A third vote would be needed in any case.)
>
> Kaspar

As far as testing the functionality, the patch works as advertised.
It would be great if this gets reviewed and added.

As I read through the changed code I found a smaller issue with the deprecation
warning of SSLCertificateChainFile:

+ ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING|APLOG_STARTUP, 0, cmd->server,
+ APLOGNO(02559)
+ "The SSLCertificateChainFile directive (%s:%d) is deprecated, "
+ "SSLCertificateFile should be used instead",
+ cmd->directive->filename, cmd->directive->line_num);

There seems to be an error related to this change, I guess in cmd->server?
This warning is never logged.