On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<d...@fifthhorseman.net>wrote:

> Looking at the code, it appears that ssl_callback_TmpDH() in
> modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c doesn't try to match ECC keys at all --
> this probably needs to be updated.

That was also my conclusion. It kinda makes sense that ECC keys are not
matched, because there is no ECDSA+DH cipher. However ssl_callback_TmpDH()
would either have to iterate through all private keys or just read the
first key in order to be consistent with DH / ECDH params.

Reindl, that is quite a good guide on how to setup certificates as of
2.4.9. Unfortunately you are describing what changed concerning certificate
chains, I was talking about different algorithms for server authentication.
I guess that was not exactly clear from my description, sorry. Either way,
you cannot mix ECC and RSA keys in one file, you have to use multiple
SSLCertificate[Key]File directives, see [1].

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatefile