On 17 Jun 2014, at 14:24, Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 06/17/2014 05:19 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> On 06/17/2014 12:46 AM, Tim Bannister wrote:
>>> On 16 Jun 2014, at 22:23, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>>
>> In addition, I have some comments about your design proposal:
>>
>> - The apache.org design might be changing RSN (it's being discussed), so
>> using it might not be the most optimal route.
> There is no requirement that a project site look like the main foundation
> site. Pick any project. Say, http://flume.apache.org/ or
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/ or http://etch.apache.org/ - each has their own
> unique feel.

If I could, I'd have httpd and Tomcat use the same site structure. There two
projects are complements / substitutes, and users don't particularly like
learning a new site layout for each thing.

Tomcat has the same sort of problem with having multiple versions that are out
there in production use, too.

…I'm saying this even though I don't have the time or the contacts to liaise
with the Tomcat web people properly.

>> - You use JavaScript to display the tabs. This, apparently, needs to be
>>   done in a way that people without JS can view it as well. I have tried
>> to accommodate that in my second proposal (see link above).
>> - The documentation link just leads to our boring and unattractive docs
>>   front page. I would prefer if people can go directly to documentation
>>   for e.g. 2.4 right away from the front page (dropdowns?).
>
> Yes, please.

“+1” to this.

--
Tim Bannister - +44 7980408788 - is...@jellybaby.net