On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Elhadi Falah <hadi.fa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are using lxml in several of our applications with Python 2.6 and from
> > time to time, the application stops responding after a segmentation fault
> > error ( [notice] child pid 10544 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)),
> and
> > this kind of backtrace:
>
> It looks like you're running your python code inside the apache
> process (mod_python or similar), and the crash is in the python
> interpreter. That's not something on-topic for this list.
>
> The suggestion you're likely to get on us...@httpd.apache.org is to
> isolate your code with something like fastcgi.  If it continues to be
> a problem, it's just a python problem and not an httpd problem.

Also, based on one of the URLs you posted I assume you are using mod_wsgi.
 You can use mod_wsgi to run processes outside of httpd.
 (WSGIDaemonProcess)  Also, I think it is fair to say that it is mod_wsgi's
responsibility to isolate Python environments from complications related to
graceful restart, but perhaps the author would disagree.  Maybe there are
mod_wsgi fixes you're not running with which are applicable.  I have not
observed any problems with mod_wsgi's daemon mode and graceful restart.

See http://emptyhammock.com/projects/info/pyweb/index.html for various
notes on using httpd's mod_proxy in front of Python WSGI-ish applications.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/