Thanks.
I thought I had already done that - but there is a "slight" difference with:
 $ ./configure --enable-layout=AIX --with-apr=/opt/bin/apr-1-config
--with-apr-util=/opt/bin/apu-1-config --enable-mpms-shared=all
--enable-mods-shared=all --disable-lua

Thanks.

And I may even try maintainer-mode a bit later. Been having trouble with
"segmentation failed" core dumps when using PHP (with version 2.2.27) and
maintainer mode may help there as well.