On 23 Aug 2014, at 03:50, Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org> wrote:

> I've attached a proof-of-concept patch against httpd 2.4.10 that allows
> mod_cache to be bypassed under conditions specified in the conf files.  It
> adds an optional fourth argument to the CacheEnable directive:
>
> CacheEnable cache_type [url-string] [expr=expression]
>
> If the expression is present, data will only be served from the cache for
> requests for which the expression evaluates to true.  This permits things
> such as:

Does this not duplicate the functionality of the If directives?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#if

> # Only serve cached data if no (login or other) cookies are present in the
> request:
> CacheEnable disk / "expr=-z %{req:Cookie}"

As an aside, trying to single out and control just one cache using directives
like this is ineffective, as other caches like ISP caches and browser caches
will not be included in the configuration.

Rather control the cache using the Cache-Control headers in the formal HTTP
specs.

Regards,
Graham