On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:08:20 +0000
"Lu, Yingqi" <yingqi...@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for the update!
>
> A quick question on the review and testing procedure. Right now, Yann
> Ylavic already made available a 2.4 version of the patch. The link is
> included at http://svn.apache.org/r1651967 . Is this good enough or
> is there anything additional needed at this point? If there is no bug
> reported, when 2.4.13 time is approaching, the patch will
> automatically be on the commit list or is there anything else we need
> to make sure?
>
> Thanks,
> Yingqi

Yingqi,

a patch of this scale is generally added to the branch early, once
three committers have had a chance to review it.  By living on the 2.4
branch for some time (long before 2.4.13 is considered for release)
we have the best chance of catching a problem between now and the
release of 2.4.13.

It would be just as unlikely to be added just before 2.4.13 is tagged
because that doesn't give enough of the community time to review it.

Yours,

Bill