From: Stefan Eissing [mailto:stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de]
Sent: woensdag 3 juni 2015 22:20
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: ALPN patch comments

That is why mod_h2 allowe "H2Engine on|off" on base server and vhosts. If I
understand you correctly, this does what you ask for.

//Stefan

Am 03.06.2015 um 19:45 schrieb William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net
<mailto:wr...@rowe-clan.net> >:

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de
<mailto:stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> > wrote:

Hmm, personally, I do not like redundant configurations. If someone configures
a module, like mod_h2, to be enabled (H2Engine on), she could expect the module
to take all the necessary steps. So I am no fan of a „SSLAlpnEnable“.

The reason boils down to vhosts and interop.  If someone does not wish

for a specific vhost (perhaps interacting with bad clients, or created for

backwards compatibility) to respond with a feature, it is useful to have

a fine-grained toggle.  The default -could- be 'enabled', although this

probably should not happen on the stable/maintenance branches, but

simply on the future release branch, to avoid surprises.

OpenSSL does the wrong thing in some cases with respect to TLS/SNI

and my current patch development - in some respect - is backing out

that callback change for customers who have been burned by this

specific nonsense.  You should reconsider absolutist behaviors,

because they make it much harder for people to inject 'experimental'

behaviors into specific hosts.