On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com> wrote:

> Pleading windows ignorance here, but what kind of permissions problem?
> Both processes are elevated to administrator via UAC (or with UAC disabled)
> and literally as soon as you kill the parent java.exe process, it starts to
> work.

Sounds telling.  Can you get your installer to stall without invoking
httpd.exe - and then attempt to start httpd outside of the installer on the
same machine?  Something going on within the installer may be interacting
with the winsock stack.  If so, with the installer frozen the problem
should occur outside of the installer process, I'd expect.

> One of the other windows guys here, theorized that it has to do with
> inherited handles but he couldn't really work out why.  He's not a winsock
> expert though.

A possibility.  There is the -X (-DONE_PROCESS) startup flag to rule that
out.