On 2015-06-18 22:17, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Am 18.06.2015 um 21:54 schrieb Jeff Trawick:
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 3:03 PM, olli hauer <oha...@gmx.de
>> <mailto:oha...@gmx.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 2015-06-18 19:08, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>     > Subj sez it all.
>>     >

>>     I don't know if it is worth to report this, but the on 2.4.12. I
>>     don't see the following warnings
>>

>> Are you using clang for both compiles?
>>
>> (I think I saw those for 2.4.12,13,14 on FreeBSD 10.1 + Clang.)
>
> At least technically they are correct. aplog_module_index is used only in
> APLOG_MODULE_INDEX and this macro is redefined in core.c to use a known
> constant instead (likely for performance reasons).
>
> And modules/http/http_core.c doesn't have any log statement which is probably
> the reason for not using aplog_module_index in that file.
>
> So those are expected. The warnings don't actually point to a real problem
> except for any warning always make one feel uncomfortable.
>
> The second warning could be silenced by adding a log statement.For the first
> I don't have an easy solution.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for your explanation!

The warnings are displayed on a couple more modules (mod_buffer, mod_data,
mod_logio, mod_version, mod_session_cookie, mod_slotmem_plain, mod_info,
mod_dav_fs, mod_vhost_alias, mod_userdir, mod_dir) I showed only a shortened
summary snipped.

I can suppress the warnings in the FreeBSD ports tree for 2.4.15 and following
releases.

olli