On 06/29/2015 03:14 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 01:47:45PM +0200, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 05:11:57PM +0200, Kaspar Brand wrote:
On 22.06.2015 10:37, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
Please find a new patch attached which I hope covers all the
parts you've outlined, for SSL_CLIENT_SAN_OTHER_msUPN_*.

Thanks. Your implementation assumes that only a single otherName form
(msUPN) needs to be supported, but I would prefer to code it in a
somewhat more extensible way.

Does the attached patch work for you? As a practical way of

Yes it does.

My only question (and comments bellow) is about passing the oid rather
than nid through the functions. I can see the string "id-on-dnsSRV"
used twice in the patch in call OBJ_txt2nid and twice in call OBJ_txt2obj
as well when ideally all which should be needed one
OBJ_txt2nid("id-on-dnsSRV") and one OBJ_create if not found -- the rest
could be done by comparing integers (nid). Unless I'm missing something
about the oid/nid interaction.

Ah, now I see it -- you look at the semantics of oid to compare
value->type so nid would not be enough.

How about just passing char * and doing all the mapping logic
including possible OBJ_create in parse_otherName_value? My goal here
is to have all the "hard" work of determining the semantics isolated
in one place.

Please see patch attached.

Hi Kaspar,

please could you find some time to review this patch?

I can say that both proposed patches (your and Jan's) are equivalent when it comes to implementation functionality. Unfortunately, I don't have the OpenSSL knowledge to comment the differences on technical level, but I would also like to see this functionality in the trunk :).

Regards,
Jan Kaluza