On 10/12/2015 02:12 AM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
That would be better, but still the doc says "[H2Direct] falls outside
the RFC 7540 but has become widely implemented as it is very
convenient for development and testing".

_Does_ it fall outside the RFC? Section 3.4 covers the establishment of (cleartext) HTTP/2 connections via prior knowledge, and seems to describe exactly this use case:

> A client MUST send the connection preface (Section 3.5) and then MAY
> immediately send HTTP/2 frames to such a server; servers can identify
> these connections by the presence of the connection preface.

I agree that the method of establishing this prior knowledge is undefined, but the h2-direct mode seems to be within the RFC's scope. If you agree, I'd suggest removing that line from the docs.

--Jacob