I'm a bit slow this morning. I'm sitting here, using Pony Mail for replying,
not realizing...we should use OAuth for this! It would still require a wipe of
the current DB, but if we use the ASF OAuth plus maybe Google OAuth for
non-committers, we should be able to allow only _actual people_ to contribute
to this. :)

Does this sound like a good idea, or complete overkill?

With regards,
Daniel.

On 11/9/2015, 1:54:59 PM, Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On 09 Nov 2015, at 2:41 PM, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > You're welcome to try to clean it up ;)
> > make a user account on the system and give me the UID of that user (the
> > ID, not the username - there are tens of thousands of users, so I can't
> > see them all in the admin interface anymore).
>
> :)
>
> > I am contemplating removing all users/mods and adding some recaptcha
> > stuff to it soon, but enotime right now.
>
> Is there a way to leverage LDAP at all? (Or whatever backs the JIRA et al
> instances)
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> —