On 17 Nov 2015, at 2:18 PM, Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net> wrote:

> You run into complacency dangers if you end up in a "release very often"
> mode, take phpmyadmin as one example, most admins I know gave up updating it,
> because there were updates every week, sometimes  every few days, Marc has
> accepted this is a serious problem and unless a critical security bug is
> found, , normal bug fixes releases will be only once per month if need be,
> take dovecot, not so bad now days but in years gone by, it too released
> weekly or bi-weekly and a lot of people got pissed and stopped updating it
> too.

I’m not understanding your point - you’re saying normal bug fix releases once a
month is fine, but us doing so after 5 weeks isn’t fine?

We’ve just released HTTP/2 support for the very first time. People want to use
it, people want to see problems in it fixed. I don’t see the number of releases
as excessive at all.

Regards,
Graham
—