On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:07 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
> > Well, we are sorting the entire ASCII so I guess we can drop "for
> > alpha-numerics only".
>
> Maybe it was fixed and I missed it, but didn't you point
> out that [] were not sorted right relative to alphas per
> POSIX strcasecmp?

I was pointing out that most implementations sort [] in between upper and
lower
case letters, and in the string-folded ordering, all characters are treated
as their
lower case equivalent for collation.

Unsure how POSIX defined this.  The EBCDIC ordering table used the same
lower-case folding as ASCII, so the sortation of all POSIX characters will
be
identical between our EBCDIC (extended) and ASCII implementations.

[I only just realized that original EBCDIC didn't include all the C
characters,
I only used the code page for 15 years for document imaging but always
coded in ANSI :-]