Von: William A Rowe Jr [mailto:wr...@rowe-clan.net]
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Dezember 2015 17:39
An: httpd <dev@httpd.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: 2.4 pause - mod_http2 patchset Upgrade h2c vs mod_ssl Upgrade tls

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-6.7 makes things more interesting,
it calls out that 101-continue and the request body read precedes the
101-switching protocols.  Not sure who decided that would be a good idea,
sigh... but mod_ssl TLS upgrade has these reversed for several good reasons
including the intent to encrypt the request body if present and simple
economics of processing.

I think that handling upgrade advertisement and alerting must be in post read
req, bypassing all request hooks until the 101-continue is presented, any small
request body read and set aside for the http input brigade, and 101-switching
protocols is presented.  This allows the request to still be processed for
tls-style upgrades, or discarded for relevant protocols.

How do we handle this today if the client just sends a request body and not an
Expect header? Do we set it already aside before answering with a 101?

Regards

Rüdiger