Am 08.12.2015 um 21:38 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.18 can be found
at the usual place:

        http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.18 GA.

[X] +1: Good to go
[ ] +0: meh
[ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.

Vote will last the normal 72 hrs.

+1 to release and thank a bunch for RMing.

In short: No regressions found.

Detailed report:

- Sigs and hashes OK
- contents of tarballs identical
- contents of tag and tarballs identical
  except for expected deltas
  (we could cleanup some m4 files in apr-util/xml/expat/conftools
   at the end of buildconf, no regression)

Built on

- Solaris 8+10 Sparc as 32 Bit Binaries
- SLES 10+11 (64 Bits)
- RHEL 6 (64 Bits)

For all platforms built

- with default (shared), shared and static modules
- with module sets none, few, most, all, reallyall and default
  (always mod_privileges disabled)
- using --enable-load-all-modules
- against "included" APR/APU from deps tarball,
  plus external APR/APU 1.5.2/1.5.4

- using external libraries
  - expat 2.1.0 plus patch
  - pcre 8.37
  - openssl 1.0.2e
  - lua 5.2.4
  - distcache 1.5.1
  - libxml2 2.9.3
  - libnghttp2 1.5.0

- Tool chain:
    - platform gcc except for Solaris
      (gcc 4.4.4 for Solaris 8 and 4.9.2 for Solaris 10)
    - CFLAGS: -O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
              (and -mpcu=v9 on Solaris)

All builds succeeded
  - three compiler warning (2 regressions, one old)
      modules/http2/h2_conn_io.c:401:2: warning: no newline at end of file
modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c:414:22: warning: variable 'hssc' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable] modules/ssl/ssl_util_stapling.c:686: warning: 'ok' may be used uninitialized in this function

Tested for

- 343 build combinations
- Solaris 8+10 (32), SLES 10+11 (64), RHEL 6 (64)
- MPMs prefork, worker, event
  (except event on Solaris8, unsupported)
- default, shared and static modules
- log levels info, debug and trace8
- module set reallyall (122 modules plus MPMs)
- SLES 10 and RHEL 6 still ongoing but so far OK

The tests sometimes produce perl warnings:

- Use of uninitialized value in length at
  .../lib/perl5/Protocol/HTTP2/Stream.pm line 366.
  Printed at the start of the http2 test runs.
  Only on the Linux platform.

- Status read failed: at
  .../lib/perl5/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 289.
  Printed for test 1 and 3 of t/ssl/verify.t

The following test failures were seen:

a Test 4 or 5 in t/modules/dav.t:
  Happens for 37 out of 343 runs (14 on SLES 10, 13 on SLES 11,
  7 on RHEL 6, 2 on Solaris 8, 1 on Solaris 10).
  Creation, modified and now times not in the correct order.
  This seems to be a system issue, all tests done on NFS,
  many tested on virtualized guests.
  Not a regression.

b Various tests in t/apache/expr_string.t: (6, 11, 14, 17, 20 ,23)
  Happens for 50 out of 343 runs (45 on SLES 10, 3 on RHEL6,
  2 on Solaris 10).
  The failure is always on line 68, where the error_log contents
  are checked.
  Not a regression.

c Test 59 of t/modules/include.t only and always on
  Solaris.
  This is due to a bug in the test, which uses strftime()
  with a "%s" pattern that is not supported on Solaris.
  Until recently the server and the test client both returned
  verbatim "%s" and the test succeeded. After updating some
  Perl modules for the http2 tests, the perl client even
  on Solaris now supports "%s" in strftime and the test starts
  to fail. It seems we have to fix the test. Not a regression.

d Failure of t/modules/session.t on SLES 10.
  Warning: Use of "shift" without parentheses is ambiguous at line 39.
  Perl version is 5.8.8. The script uses a somewhat advances
  $x = shift // "NOTFOUND";
  construct, which seems to be ambiguous for old Perl (I had
  to look in the fine perl docs for the // operator).
  We could probably use a less elegant but more compatible
  construct instead. Not a regression.

e Failure of t/modules/http2.t: tests 11, 12, 15, 16, 45, 46
  Only 4 out of 343 runs fail, 3 on Solaris 8 one on RHEL 6.

  The failure always seems to be related with
  [cgid:error] End of script output before headers: necho.pl

Details for the 4 cases of http2 failures (I do have full logs incl. trace8 logs for two cases):

event-trace8-rhel6.x86_64-shared:

test case: TC0009, necho.pl without arguments: GET http://localhost:8544/modules/h2/necho.pl
# testing : response status
# expected: 400
# received: '500'
not ok 11
# testing : content comparision
# expected: '<html><body>
# <p>No query was specified.</p>
# </body></html>
# '
# received: '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
# <html><head>
# <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
# </head><body>
# <h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
# <p>The server encountered an internal error or
# misconfiguration and was unable to complete
# your request.</p>
# <p>Please contact the server administrator at
#  y...@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
#  and the actions you performed just before this error.</p>
# <p>More information about this error may be available
# in the server error log.</p>
# </body></html>
# '
not ok 12