On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 6:07 PM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> One thing: the ssl_hostname that is used for SNI by the generic proxy utils
> seems to get lost when the socket needs to reset and is then not available on
> the next connect. That should affect mod_proxy_http as far as I can tell.
> Maybe someone with more experience in that module wants to take a look.

This is intended (for http/1 at least), why is it an issue?
When mod_proxy closes the backend connection, it indeed clears any
associated SNI.
But it sets the SNI for any new connection, based on the Host
requested on that connection.
Keep in mind that with "ProxyPreserveHost on" the requested Host may
be the one given by the client, which may hence differ for each
request (mod_proxy won't reuse a connection with a different SNI than
the Host it requests).