Am 09.02.2016 um 13:25 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
We currently have really really little info about the balancer-
manager in our docs, just a short little blurb on how to enable
it and a brief description of what it does [1]. I'd like to extend
that, but does it make sense to add it to the mod_proxy_balancer
module page, or have a separate page dedicated to it which we can
link to?

1. https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html

Adding even more questions:

I always think it is confusing for newbies, that all configuration directives for any mod_proxy_* are documented on the mod_proxy page. Although this reflects the code, config is done by mod_proxy, it is not what a user would expect. If e.g. He is working with a balancer, he would expect more info about how to configure a balancer in the mod_proxy_balancer page.

So I wonder whether proxy is an example, where the config reference should move to the docs page, for the module that is actually being configured, not the module that handles the configuration. I guess that's not possible without some redundancy and it's not an easy call to decide, what should go to the central mod_proxy page, and what to individual mod_proxy_xyz pages.

There are other cases as well (ajp, fcgi, ...).

Regards,

Rainer