On 29 Feb 2016, at 10:33 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> I've been digging into how we could better leverage serf on the mod_proxy
> side w/o going the route of mod_serf itself...  Agreed that using
> pollsets et.al. would be useful. Maybe some of the motorz mpm logic
> could be used by mod_proxy…?

I currently think everything we need is now there.

I am in the process of adding TCP protocol support to the core and to the proxy
(in other words we can be a TCP proxy in addition to an HTTP proxy), and am
trying to see what problems we run into that stop us doing this asynchronously.

(What I want to achieve is an SNI proxy, in other words a TCP proxy that
interprets enough of an SSL handshake to extract the SNI header, and use that
name as the basis of a TCP tunnel to some backend server which then completes
that SSL handshake. My end goal is that I can TLS client certificate all the
way to a backend server without terminating that TLS connection on the proxy,
and not use a dedicated IP per endpoint.)

Regards,
Graham
—