On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
> I need your advice: I want to offer more HTTP/2 related log variables. The
> question is how to best do this:

> a) %x (or another free char) could work. I do not know which one is really
>   unallocated out there, though. I could make %{VAR_NAME}x work to provide
>   the different values.

Slim pickings, and the two-character ones are ugly for backwards compat.

%{PUSHED}^H2

> b) %{VAR_NAME}e, but then I'd need to populate subprocess_env too much and
>   I do not like the +StdEnvXXX configuration...

I think if they are cheap to "calculate" and short they do not need to
be opt-in like the SSL vars.

This would also allow them to be used in expressions and conditional
logs without more work too.

> c) ???
>

> Thanks for the help,
>
> -Stefan
>
> PS. Current plans are to provide
> HTTP2         "on"|"off"    connection uses h2/h2c
> H2PUSH        "on"|"off"    connection allows Server Push
> H2_PUSH       "on"|"off"    same
> H2_PUSHED     NULL|"PUSHED" when request is being PUSHed by the server
> H2_PUSHED_ON  NULL|n        stream identifier that initiated the PUSH

I meant to look at this one, there was a good question on
stackexchange about why pushed items show up in the logs. The users
instinct was that the push didn't work!

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com