Am 07.04.2017 um 17:53 schrieb Tom Browder:
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

Am 07.04.2017 um 17:06 schrieb Tom Browder:

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 09:53 Jordan Gigov <colad...@gmail.com
<mailto:colad...@gmail.com>> wrote:

     The =DIR parameter is optional. If you have the libpq-dev package
     installed, it should find it automatically.

I do have the dev package installed, but it didn't find it.  In the
interim, would creating a pkg-config pc file and pointing DIR at it work?

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

why don't you tell in your first post relevant informations?

* exact os version
* installed packages
* complete ./configure line
* complete output of ./configure

Okay.

"I do have the dev package installed" 4 posts later - seriously?

Well, mea culpa, but I didn't think of it since it's so basic, sorry.

yes, that's all basic, hnce it works everywhere but in your case

Packages  with postgresql in their name:

$ aptitude search postgres | grep ^i
i A postgresql-client-common        - manager for multiple PostgreSQL client ver
i A postgresql-common               - PostgreSQL database-cluster manager
i A postgresql-server-dev-9.4       - development files for PostgreSQL 9.4 serve
i   postgresql-server-dev-all       - extension build tool for multiple PostgreS

looks good, i guess debian has a weird naming sicne it's the client libraries you link against

   https://gist.github.com/tbrowder/451e0f735bd281dde6694f189b8f6d61

https://gist.github.com/tbrowder/451e0f735bd281dde6694f189b8f6d61

don't show any errors and postgresql is stattet with yes
so what is your *problem*
hecking postgresql/libpq-fe.h usability... yes
checking postgresql/libpq-fe.h presence... yes
checking for postgresql/libpq-fe.h... yes

main question: why in the world are you building from source?
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libaprutil1-dbd-pgsql