Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> writes:

> Let's shoot for a 2.4.26 within the next handful of
> weeks. There are some entries in STATUS that could
> use some love and attention, and I'm hoping/pushing
> for a Brotli[1] release so we can fold *that* capability
> in as well.
>
> 1. https://github.com/google/brotli
>    https://github.com/google/brotli/issues/483

I noticed that the current mod_brotli backport proposal lacks a couple of
changes that allow building against the official repository.  I think that
the core change (excluding the docs) should be:

    https://svn.apache.org/r1761714
    https://svn.apache.org/r1761824
    https://svn.apache.org/r1762512
    https://svn.apache.org/r1762515
    https://svn.apache.org/r1771789
    https://svn.apache.org/r1771791
    https://svn.apache.org/r1771827
    https://svn.apache.org/r1779077
    https://svn.apache.org/r1779111
    https://svn.apache.org/r1779700
    https://svn.apache.org/r1790852
    https://svn.apache.org/r1790853
    https://svn.apache.org/r1790860

For the convenience, here is a shortlog for these changes:

    r1761714: Add initial implementation.

    r1761824: Unbreak building other filter modules without libbrotlienc.

    r1762512: Allow compression ratio logging with new BrotliFilterNote
    directive.

    r1762515: Handle new 'no-brotli' internal environment variable that
    disables Brotli compression for a particular request.

    r1771789: Rewrite the autoconf script in a, hopefully, less convoluted way.
    This lays the groundwork to simplify the switch to the official Brotli
    library.

    r1771791: Explicitly cast 'const uint8_t *' to 'const char *' when using
    the data received from Brotli to create a bucket.

    r1771827: Update makefiles to use the library layout of the official
    Brotli repository.

    r1779077: Unused variable error could mistakenly note that brotli isn't
    available.

    r1779111: Update makefile to cope with the pkg-config layout change
    in https://github.com/google/brotli/commit/fe9f9a9

    r1779700: Save a few bytes and a few cycles.

    r1790852: Update makefile to allow using Brotli library >= 0.6.0.

    r1790853: Fix a minor typo in the description of BrotliAlterETag
    that has been referring to httpd 2.2.x.

    r1790860: Comment on the default choice (0) for BROTLI_PARAM_LGBLOCK.

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov