On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:00:35AM -0700, Jacob Champion wrote:
> On 06/20/2017 09:47 AM, wr...@apache.org wrote:
> > Log:
> > Make the range test legible
> Hmm, out of curiosity, is the legibility you mention from the
> parenthesization change or the switch to greater-than-or-equal for one side?
>
> <completely trivial nitpick>
>
> I kind of like reading code that has all less-than comparisons, instead of
> mixed less-than and greater-than, because it means the logic is closer to
> the mathematics and the number line. For example,

I believe many people find the "if constant CMP variable" style
irritating.  My internal parser has to reset after reading that because
I assume the LHS is variable on first parse, so I have to mentally flip
the logic to understand it.  I don't know why really, it's stupid.

The double layer of redundant parentheses are also annoying and force me
to re-parse the statement to try to work out why they might be needed.

Regards, Joe