Am 05.07.2017 um 13:01 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
I am curious... what versions of Perl are people using
when running the Perl test framework? It seems that, at least
to me, it is quite picky regarding versions, at least on
macOS.

Just my personal recipe:

Solaris: self-compiled 5.22.0
Linux: Platform perl for RHEL 6+7, SLES 11+12.

But even for the platform perl I add a lot of self-compiled and separately installed modules to make sure I have relatively recent ones. The list of those modules is very close to what we included in the framework README.

Picking up those modules works using the PERL5LIB variable, installing into the separate directory (here named /instdir) is based on the following env vars:

export PERL5LIB="/instdir/perl5"
export PERL_MB_OPT="--install_base /instdir"
export PERL_MM_OPT="INSTALL_BASE=/instdir"
export PERL_LOCAL_LIB_ROOT="/instdir"

I also add /instdir/bin to the PATH and I then install the modules using CPAN and starting with

install local::lib

Regards,

Rainer