Hi James and Helmut,

> On 2017-07-16 18:41, James Cloos wrote:
> > And I've not found any *working* documentation on how to switch to using
> > php7.0-fpm and libapache2-mod-fcgid.

mod-proxy-fcgi is the preferred solution over mod-fcgi, and we have
documentation about it. Any specific reason to use libapache2-mod-fcgid?
(asking for curiosity and/or to decide if a doc update is needed :)

> Yea, the documentation on https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHP-FPM is also
> flawed.
>
> e.g. if you use the proxy option enablereuse=on in a proxy_fcgi setup
> that uses sockets, you are screwed. The entire setup blows up.

Can you please be more specific? What errors do you see? In case please
open a task in bugzilla so we'll be able to debug it :)

> Using ProxyPassMatch is not only dangerous, it also has precedence over
> a FilesMatch directive, which in turn limits your ability to restrict
> access to certain resources. At least that was the case a couple of
> years back.

Dangerous in what way? Can you please be more specific and/or add examples?

Thanks!

Luca