Reading at Git:

When building against 2.4.x, one probably needs to configure without --enable-werror, since there were some warnings fixed in Apache httpd trunk.Removed obsolete function from interface to mod_ssl. Module now requires at least mod_ssl
patch v4 in place.

Trunk is mentioned there, so does mod_md 1.9.7 and mod_ssl patched V5 work with httpd 2.4.28 ?

Btw.

Using mod_md now for quite some time on Windows, it does the job fine.

Missing that I can run a script after renewing, for example following directives:

 # never = do not do it yourself, but run notifications
 Restart never | auto
 # run a script when restart is requested or performed
 RestartRequestNotification <path to exec given type+reason as arg>
 RestartNotification <path to exec given type+reason as arg>

The I can use a scipt mod_md.bat which contains for example:

mailsend.exe .......
net stop Apache
net start Apache

xcopy ...chain.pem to mail server /Y