+1 to doing a 2.4.29 next week with these issues fixed.

The assert() has me concerned, and Steffen's report is problematic. He has
a vote but hasn't cast it. At this moment I'm -0 and would spin a 2.4.29
next week to address these issues, unless you decide to respin before this
release, yourself.

Nothing I've changed today altered the httpd tarball significantly.
Studying Steffen's report next, along with some apparently missing glue for
brotli.

My solution is going to be radical, shove every last d*mned modules/foo
into the /I path includes list so this can't happen again during 2.4, and
hopefully not until 20 year old build logic is discarded. One less thing to
worry about or pre-review when RM's loudly announce an upcoming tag.