Hello,

I encounter a problem with the order of processing of output filters.
Maybe I'm missing some background but there's something very weird.
I'll show the example with mod_substitute but I imagine it's similar for other modules (although I'm not sure).

Case 1:
   Subst "s/x/1x/qn"
   Subst "s/x/2x/qn"
   Result: 'x' is replaced by '12x' (seems logical)

Case 2:
   <Location />
   Subst "s/x/1x/qn"
   Subst "s/x/2x/qn"
   </Location>
   Result: 'x' is replaced by '12x' (seems logical)

Case 3:
   <Location />
   Subst "s/x/1x/qn"
   </Location>
   <Location />
   Subst "s/x/2x/qn"
   </Location>
   Result: 'x' is replaced by '21x' ?!?

Apache is supposed to execute location from top to bottom, no? So why does it parse them the other way around in this case? The filter is defined as AP_FTYPE_RESOURCE; does this impact the order of processing locations?

Thanks for any hint