On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

> is the "rc" check just covering further bases? Should we trace or set
> a note here?

For me "rc" would catch at least the DECLINED case (no hook at all),
though it may not possibly happen with default builtin http module
(does --with-http=shared work?).
I also think that it's easier for a module which asks for the MPM to
finish the connection, to simply return an error in a
process_connection hook than something like OK + CONN_STATE_LINGER (+-
c->aborted = 1), .

I'd be fine with a c->notes, but wouldn't that be useful for a
pre_close_connection hook only?
Or do you mean an ap_log_cerror() at some specific level (which I'd be
fine with too)?