Hi,

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 4:56 AM, 牛旭 <niux...@nudt.edu.cn> wrote:
> Our team researches on the consistent edits of Httpd during
> evolution. And we have figured out several spots that may be missed
> for consistent update.

I'm not sure what consistent means here, consistent with?

> They are both about invoking of function,
> ap_map_http_request_error(). We suggest to escape call of function
> and return the corresponding error code directly when this call is
> under the control dependence where return value of ap_get_brigade()
> does not equal to APR_SUCCESS.

Looking at the recommendations and patches, why do you the below
change is equivalent or consitent:
- return ap_map_http_request_error(status, HTTP_BAD_REQUEST);
+ return HTTP_BAD_REQUEST;
?

The purpose of ap_map_http_request_error() is to turn a system error
(errno, apr_status_t) to an HTTP error code (4xx, 5xx), *and* forward
internal errors like AP_FILTER_ERROR to the core handler.
The above change pretty much defeats that, the "status" returned by
the preceding ap_get_brigade() may vary and
ap_map_http_request_error() takes care of this.

> More recommendations and supporting patches are saved in attachments.
> It is so kind of you to reply me about the correctness of our
> suggestions.

Could you elaborate a bit more about these recommendations? For now I
don't see which consistency is talked about, sorry.

Regards,
Yann.