On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Christian Folini
<christian.fol...@netnea.com> wrote:

> We have just been told, that a regression affecting several production servers
> is fixed by
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/server/mpm/event/event.c?r1=1822535&r2=1823047&diff_format=h#l1065

Are you sure that r1823047 is the commit fixing the issue?
I would have thought more of r1820796 (already backported to 2.4.30)
which looks more related to third-party modules.

> It's an interaction between mod_qos, mod_reqtimeout and the event mpm that
> led to segfault in our case (triggered by aggressive ssl scanners setting
> off alarms in mod_qos). The qos  developers states it's been introduced in
> 2.4.29 and the above patch fixes httpd's part of the problem. He will issue
> a new release as well.

Do you have more details on the issue and/or relevent commit on the
mod_qos side?

> So if you could backport this for 2.4.30 or a following release, it would
> be very welcome.

Real tests and fixes certainly help backports ;)
It would be nice to be sure about the right fix, though.

Regards,
Yann.