On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 2:02 AM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would this help the mod_proxy CLOSE_WAIT issue in BZ?

Yes I think so (when MaxSpareThreads/Servers are too high to do their
job, for some reason, otherwise it's not an issue IMHO).

I was also thinking of a new apr_reslist_checker_set() too, where
setting checker callback (like the current constructor and destructor)
could be used to determine whether an (about-to-be-)acquired resource
is still valid before returning it to the caller (otherwise destroy it
and return the next one).
In the mod_proxy case, the checker could be based on
ap_proxy_is_socket_connected() or (better)
ap_proxy_check_connection()..